Several of the Incogvino SuperFANS recently attended the Old Mutual Trophy Tasting. Their wine picks make for a really interesting shopping list. Which is why we’re sharing it with you, dear Reader. Enjoy!
In no particular order, here are the SuperFAN Picks from the 2014 Old Mutual Trophy Tasting.
SuperFAN Linda Kemp
- De Grendel Shiraz (in my opinion better than the trophy-winning Super Single Vineyards Mount Sutherland Syrah – try saying that 4 times quickly)
- De Krans 2011 Vintage Reserve Port (absolutely amazing stuff)
- Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
- Nederburg Brew Master Bordeaux Blend
- Nederburg Eminence Dessert Wine
- Saronsberg Provenance Shiraz
- Spier 21 Gables Pinotage
- Delaire Graff Sauvignon Blanc
- Highlands Road Sauvignon Blanc (oaked museum class, really interesting flavours)
- Noble Hill Viognier
- Woolworths The Hutton (I think this is a Spier wine made for Woolworths)
- Steenberg Magna Carta (Semillon Sauvignon Blanc blend, absolutely amazing but at more than R400 per bottle)
- Nederburg Private Bin R172 Pinotage 2010 (this only won silver but I absolutely loved it. R249 per bottle)
SuperFAN Stephen Brierly
- Stellenrust Chenin Blanc
- Delaire Graaf Sauvignon Blanc
SuperFAN Brian Arentsen (Bargainstein)
- Baleia Bay Chardonnay (Gold Medal winning , judiciously wooded, undoubted find of the show and at just R49 a bottle through Makro – Bargainstein filled his boots!)
There you have it, get shopping!